Other ways to minimize allergy symptoms include:
- Dust regularly using a damp cloth.
- Go over floors weekly with a HEPA vacuum.
- Bathe pets frequently.
- Wash bed linens at least once a week in hot water to kill pollen and dust mites.
- Remove the source of as many allergens as possible. This includes carpets, stuffed toys, fabric curtains and old clothing.
- Clean moldy areas and use a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from your home’s air.
- Avoid drying your clothes on an outside line where they can collect pollen.
- Take off your shoes before you enter your home so you don't track in pollen or other allergens from outside.
- Avoid using ceiling fans, which can stir up dust and other particles. Instead, keep air circulating throughout your home with a ventilation system.