Find a Lennox Dealer near you for innovative solutions to all your home comfort needs.
Lennox Residential
Email SignupSign up for email news

Energy-Efficient Tax Credits

Solar Credit (25D) – Available through 2016

The U.S. government offers a tax credit (Solar Tax Credit, 25D) for up to 9% of the total retail cost of the solar-ready heat pump or air conditioner that’s at the heart of the SunSource® Home Energy System, when applying solar modules. Also covered under 25D, 30% of the cost with no upper limit on solar module installation.

HVAC Credit (25C) – Available for equipment purchased and installed in 2012 - 2014

In December 2012, President Obama signed the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, extending tax credits on high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment purchased and installed from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2014. This credit (Residential Energy Credit, 25C) covers up to 10% of cost up to $500 or a specific amount from $50 - $300 on energy-efficient improvements made in 2012-2014 on qualifying systems and is offered as part of a larger energy efficiency incentive for home improvements. If you claimed $500 or more for enhancements to your home’s exterior (windows, doors, skylights, insulation, roofing, etc.) from 2006 to 2011, your HVAC purchase made in 2012-2014 will be ineligible for a tax credit. If you claimed $500 or less, you may qualify for a credit, but you may not get the full dollar amount specified.

Claiming 2012-2014 Energy Tax Credits

You can take advantage of energy tax credits by taking three steps:

  1. Determine if the system you have purchased and installed between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2014 is eligible by clicking on the “Get Started” link below and answering a few questions about the system. We also advise you to consult your tax expert and visit one of the following sites for full details on eligible products:
    Energy Star
    Internal Revenue Service
    U.S. Department of Energy
  2. Save the manufacturer’s certification statement form you will obtain and download using the "Get Started" link below.
  3. Use IRS form 5695 when claiming your 2012 - 2014 Residential Energy Credit.

© 2015 Lennox International Inc.