Frequently Asked Questions
< back to list
Lennox Indoor Air Quality Systems
What can I do myself to enhance my home's air quality?
There are several everyday steps you can take to reduce the pollutants circulating in your home's air, including:
- Store household cleaners, paint solvents and chemical products in tightly sealed containers. If possible, keep them outdoors.
- Clean and vacuum at least once a week.
- Regularly wash bed linens and stuffed toys.
- Keep windows closed when pollen, pollution and humidity levels are high.
- Ask your local Lennox dealer to inspect and clean your home's heating and cooling system.
- Make sure your home is properly ventilated. (Modern homes are well insulated and sealed to conserve energy, which means airborne pollutants have no way to escape).
- Keep humidity levels within a healthy, comfortable range to prevent growth of mold and mildew (30% - 60%).
- Avoid using scented deodorizers and odor-masking air fresheners, which may cause toxic chemicals.
- Choose furnishings that emit the smallest possible amount of chemical vapors.
- Do not allow smoking inside your home and make sure all gas appliances are properly vented.
Popular FAQs in this Category