Lennox Residential
Email SignupSign up for email news

Need more information?

Our customer-care specialists are ready to answer any questions you may have.

Contact Us

Looking for literature?

You will find brochures for most Lennox® products in our archived documents section. If you need information on a model that isn’t listed, you can request literature by mail.


Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

< back to list

Lennox Indoor Air Quality Systems

What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is produced by the incomplete combustion of fuels such as wood, natural gas, gasoline, diesel, kerosene, coal and charcoal. It is caused by lack of oxygen or a disruption in the burning process.

Household appliances such as your furnace, water heater, stove, space heaters, charcoal grill and gas dryer can be sources of carbon monoxide, especially if they are not in good working condition or have been installed improperly. Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as improperly operating fireplaces, also can become carbon monoxide hazards, particularly if your home is well-sealed for energy efficiency.

Popular FAQs in this Category


© 2014 Lennox International Inc.