Lennox encourages consumers to 'Get A (Green) Life'
DALLAS — March 18, 2008 — From improving your home's energy efficiency to decorating with eco-friendly furniture to recycling and using non-toxic household products, there are many ways consumers can embrace a “green” lifestyle. To make it easier than ever, Lennox Industries — a leading provider of customized home comfort systems and indoor air quality products — today launched the “Get a Green Life” online sweepstakes.
How to Get a Green Life
As part of the promotion, which kicked off March 17 and runs through June 6, 2008, Lennox is encouraging consumers to share their tips for living a green lifestyle at www.GetAGreenLifeSweepstakes.com
and enter for the chance to win a high-efficiency, money-saving Lennox home comfort system and other eco-friendly products.
“Lennox has been designing environmentally friendly products for many years and is committed to developing energy-efficient heating, cooling and indoor air quality products that help homeowners save money, enhance air quality and improve their health,” said Jennifer Hammons, a certified indoor environmentalist with Lennox Industries. “As part of our commitment, we're excited to be helping homeowners think about getting a green life and begin to make an impact on conserving our natural resources.”
Consumers who enter the “Get a Green Life” sweepstakes will have the chance to win one of the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: One grand-prize winner will choose from either a new high-efficiency Lennox home heating and cooling system or an eco-friendly landscaping package (approximate retail value of up to $20,000).
- First Prizes: Two first-prize winners will receive a $5,000 gift certificate to Vivavi, an online retailer that offers modern, eco-friendly furniture and home furnishings.
- Second Prizes: Ten second-prize winners will receive their choice of one of the following prizes:Winners will be selected by random drawing on or about June 20, 2008. No purchase necessary. Entry forms and the official rules are available between March 17 and June 6, 2008, on the sweepstakes Web site at www.GetAGreenLifeSweepstakes.com.
- A $250 gift certificate from Green-Kits.com, which offers non-toxic household cleaning products, environmentally friendly paper and household goods, and earth-friendly personal care products.
- A $250 gift certificate from Environmental Home Store, which offers green building materials ranging from countertops and bamboo flooring to non-toxic paints and organic bedding.
Five Tips to Make Your Home More Comfortable and Energy Efficient
- Schedule an annual routine check-up for your heating and cooling equipment to keep the system running as efficiently as possible, and check the air filter each month to see if it needs to be replaced.
- Seal cracks around windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping to prevent cool, air conditioned air from escaping.
- Install a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature at certain times of the day, automatically regulating the temperature when you're away.
- Consider replacing an older system with a newer, more efficient model, such as the Dave Lennox Signature® Collection XC21 Air Conditioner, which is ENERGY STAR® qualified and can reduce annual energy bills by hundreds of dollars, compared to a standard air conditioner.
- Add extra insulation to the attic. Insufficient insulation may result in the home's heating and cooling system having to work harder to regulate the indoor temperature.
Lennox Industries is a leading provider of customized home comfort systems and indoor air quality products that are designed to deliver customized comfort, efficiency and functionality, with the most innovative and reliable features available. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy have selected Lennox as an ENERGY STAR Manufacturer of the Year four out of six years for its outstanding contribution to developing and promoting energy-efficient products. For more information about Lennox home comfort products, visit www.Lennox.com or call 1-800-9-LENNOX.
For information, contact:
Lindsey Terrell, Blue Current
Dione Martin, Blue Current